Saturday, October 6, 2007

A fish out of water


A fun new challenge site I've discovered is called FLUFFY FATBOTTOM'S TWISTED TUESDAY CHALLENGE and each week a wacky challenge will be proposed. This week's theme (the first week for this challenge site) is prompting participants to make a piece of artwork (any media) relating to a fish out of water or doing something not usually associated with a fish.

The size requirement for the piece must be either 3 1/2" X 5 1/2" or 4" X 6" (postcard sizes).

This was a lot of fun. I hope the scan will show all of the glitter and sparkle my mermaid out of water has. Click on the image and it will enlarge on your screen and you'll be able to see all of the glitz, sparkle and shine!

Since this was not my usual style or a type of challenge I've participated in before I also strayed from my usual color medium that I normally use and instead I colored the entire piece with gel pens. Yes you CAN layer colors and blend gel pens! Fun discover.

I'm not sure who makes this stamp. It might be Stamp Camp but it came unmounted and I'm not sure.

So here is my first Fluffy Fatbottom Twisted Tuesday challenge! Hope it will be ok.

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!!She's beautiful!! I Love her!!

    Thank you so much for joining the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful and has lots of character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!
    u r extremely talented.
    Glad you participated, nice to see how everybodys turned out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work! Gorgeous colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly stunning & sexy. Love her. And love the name of the challenge - it's so off the wall funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is amazing! I love the name of the new challenge blog...fluffy fatbottom--LOL. Beautiful coloring with your gel pens. All mediums work in the hands of an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely....I wonder what her plans are out of water? Thanks so much for participating in our first challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice job coloring and sparkling this mermaid up. It seems anything you do is awesome. Can't wait to see what you try next and if nothing else, you sure go to some interesting "places" on the web!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.