Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Colorful birthday cards















I should title this post, "My puppy ate my homework!" Actually, that wouldn't be too far from the truth. Anyone want to buy a Newfoundland puppy?! He's really cute! He just likes to eat my cards as soon as I finish making them.

February seems to be birthday month so I got my cuttlebug birthday embossing template out and my new Inkspirations cupcake tier stamp inked up and made a set of cupcake birthday cards in bright colors. I added some liquid snow for the frosting and Christmas red stickles glitter glue for the cherry on top.

Very simple but colorful birthday cards and very quick to make. I set them on the table to photograph:


Next thing I know...the purple card seems to be missing? How can that be? It was JUST here. Meanwhile in the next room I hear crunch, crunch and purple slobber from the pup! Gabe!!!???!! What are you chewing? Immediately out he spits a purple birthday card.

Sigh........

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.....your dog is eating your cards? Yikes!

    These are gorgeous....love that stamp, your design and all the color combos that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards. I have to keep my dog Moses from drooling on my cards. He's a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little stinker. Yours cards (what's left of them) are gorgeous!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! Maybe stickles are sweet to eat?! These are really darling. Haven't had a chance to ink mine up yet and it looks like tonight is out, too. I'll need to "adjust" all of this new
    s-n-o-w.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a great story!! :) Sorry about the card... heeheehee... no, really, I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...chuckling about your dog! lol...Can't believe he ate the purple one....my favorite colour! lol Your cards are beautiful Jennifer!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you know that anything purple tastes good? Grapes, lollipops, popsicles, cards...

    He's a little stinker, but he's so darn cute! You scolded him with a smile on your face, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better a "spit it out" moment than a surprise on the lawn moment...that's what we're used to around here. Sometimes I think I have a pet goat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been given the Excellent Blogger Award. Be sure to check out the post on my website. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dog ate one very classy card!! Happily you still have three!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your cards. How funny your doggy loves them too. Good thing you made alot of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet it was as delicious as it looks! Ya gotta love that little stinker. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.