Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Slow Poke


Did I say I was finished for today? With me, you never know. I did sew for a little while but then when I came back upstairs this House Mouse image that I colored last night was begging to be made into a card. What can I say? I gave in to the little mice. Actually, I have to get this card in the mail as I made it for someone in particular.

This is one of those cards that my husband would laugh at. Not that it does or doesn't look funny, but rather, he'd laugh because I used just about every imaginable embellishment or embellishing tool possible on this card. I think I should hold a contest here and have you guess how many different products and embellishments went into this card.

One thing that doesn't show in the photo but looks pretty realistic in real life is the dimensional glaze on the turtle's shell. It gives it a slight 3-D effect as well as a shiney shell.

OK...y'all are on. Tell me the NUMBER of the embellishments or tools to embellish that went into this card. I just may pick a winner if anyone guess close or right on. I'll give you one week from today (March 6th) to guess.

OK...NOW I'm finished with house mouse cards for a while......or maybe not.

14 comments:

  1. You coloring is terrific! WOW this is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing 10...but that doesn't include the stamp or the paper...that would be 12 I guess. You used the Cuttlebug, embossing folder, rafia, brads, dimensional magic, pencils, pens, ink, chalk, blending tool, and maybe crayons? It is absolutely beautiful...amazing coloring. How DO you get the turtle shell coloring to look so realistic????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me see....cuttlebug, cropadile, ticket corner punch, raffia, stickles, dimensional glaze, brads, prismas. So that makes 8 that I can see. I didn't spy any sewing on this one, so you didn't use all the tools in your toolbelt. LOL

    A gorgeous card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say 12... just to be a little higher than everyone else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANOTHER wonderful House Mouse card!! You're winning me over to the dark side Jennifer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. As a matter of fact, it kicks some serious butt. Very nice coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this - the shiny shell is perfect! I would say 9 tools and embellishments not including the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH Jennifer, this is AMAZING!! Your cards just get more awesome everyday as does your colouring! You have truly found your niche here! I have to say I would LOVE to get one of your HM cards in the mail...lol...maybe an exchange is in order if you are interested? lol...Truly gorgeous card!! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll say 13 counting each brad and probably the Crop-a-dile! Please don't stop with the House Mouse stamps. They make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is how I live my life....nice and slow! I love this card....it is fantastic! You do such nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops, I forgot to guess...I am going to say 8.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my is this fantastic! I am sooo enjoying House Mouse cards - they are always GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog - your cards are gorgeous! I love the HM stamps but they certainly do require lots of time.

    I tried counting items but the total really depends on if you are including the papers or not. I'm going to say 13 not including the paper or the stamp.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.