Monday, February 11, 2008

Special Delivery



Last fall I bought 7 or 8 House Mouse stamps from a person who was getting rid of some stamps. I was delighted with the stamps she was selling! This stamp, called "Special Delivery" was on my wish list for the longest time.

So what do you do when you get a stamp you've been longing for, but discover that it is very large and the design is too cute to muddy up the background with too much frou-frou? At first I thought I'd make this a standard A-2 size card but then that was the entire image and I felt it needed to have something behind it to make it pop! I decided to make this card a 5X7 card. I added a background paisley designer paper in vivid and bright colors. It is made by MME (My Mind's Eye). I added a couple of Greenhouse paper flowers by American Crafts.

The image is colored on a dusty blue cardstock with prismacolor pencils. I added a bit of Lace Stickles glitter to the raindrops. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

I think that these little mice will get a lot of use for get well, thinking of you, spring...so many occasions.

Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. Jennifer it's gorgeous and your coloring is fantastic. I LOVE the flower you added to the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. I really like the colors you chose for this card. Very striking. I agree - this card can be used for many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the CUTEST thing Jennifer! Fantastic colouring! I know four little grand-boys who would be delighted to receive this on Happy Mail Day! Maybe, if I grovelled long enough, I might be able to persuade you to stamp a couple for me when I'm up your way next month. ;)a

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet I want to pinch it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Good call making the card bigger. I love the patterned paper and added sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I look forward to seeing this card over and over!
    ...Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Gorgeous!!..I love what you've done here and your coloring is Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect everything! I just love the HM stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the sweetest card! Beautiful, beautiful work!

    Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! I am going to add yours to my favorites so I will be checking in often. It has been a pleasure to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. I can just imagine that it's even better IRL. Is that your hog over there on the side?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card! I love the scalloped piece on the side.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.