Tuesday, February 5, 2008

You make me all Twitterpated



Hmmmm...do you suppose this is why I haven't had any birds visit new birdfeeder outside my kitchen window this year? Maybe one of the House Mice got inside? Hee hee...

I'm still working on cards from my House Mouse coloring fun the other day. This stamp is called Feeder friends. It was a bit more tricky to color. Even on the stamped image you can tell that the tree branches the mouse and feeder are muted as though you are looking through it. However, once I got started coloring I really enjoyed trying to achieve this effect.

After I colored the feeder I covered just the feeder container with a sepia toned crystal lacquer (dimensional glaze). When it dried I consulted my husband (and critic) and we decided the sepia was a bit dark and also it was too thin of a layer to make it look like a plastic feeder, so I once again added another very thin layer of crystal lacquer but clear this time. I'm pleased with how it turned out.



Do you remember the line from the Disney movie "Bambi," You make me all twitterpated? Well, I've been on a roll making non-traditional Valentine cards and I've turned this one into a Valentine too by adding that sentiment inside the card.



So there is my latest House Mouse card. More to come. Be sure to check back, and in the meantime, I hope you have someone in your life who makes you all twitterpated.

9 comments:

  1. Those poor little birds just don't know what to do with seeing that little mouse in their feeder. I really like this image. Your coloring is really fab! I love the purple flowers on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so far behind on reading my favorite blogs, but I have to tell you when I came to yours I just smiled all over! I LOVE your House Mouse cards, and your coloring and attention to detail is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been all that crazy about the House Mouse stuff, but you're changing my mind. Your coloring is AWESOME! Love how you crystal lacquered the feeder on this one so it looks real. I have some clear and I did snowmobile cards for my sister and brother-in-law's birthdays, but neither noticed the "real" looking windshields...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I LOVE the dimensional glaze that you added! WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!! You are such a master at coloring, Jennifer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, this is in my top 10 all time favorite cards. It is quite possibly #1. Jennifer, the effect you got on that bird feeder is to die for. Truly, you need to enter this in a housemouse or some contest. It's one of the best cards ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so lovely! The coloring is just outstanding! :) wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just loving all your cards lately. Too bad the Super Bowl isn't on more often. Just think of all the cards you could create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness! this card is sooo gorgeous! your coloring always BLOWS me away! lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.