Thursday, June 26, 2008

America



It is almost time to celebrate Independence Day in the U.S. and I decided that this year I'd make and send a variety of Independence Day cards using various patriot stamps, papers and embellishments on hand.



This sentiment stamp is from Inkadinkadoo rubber stamps. I rarely just stamp sentiments without some type of image but I don't think this one needs anything else. Lately I've been admiring so many talented paper artist's work who incorporate stamping on the inside of their cards as well as the envelopes. It is such a wonderful finished and professional look so I'm experimenting with small inside embellishing as well as the envelope. I'm not sure if you can see from this side view photo but I've used one of Michael's $1 bin sets (July) and used the CELEBRATE stamp from it. Also I got out a tiny star punch and punched the corners.



More patriotic cards to follow. Since I'm mailing to the U.S. from Canada I need to get them in the mail.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jennifer. I love it. I especially like how you decorated the inside too. super classy

    ReplyDelete
  2. very patriotic and this verse is a good one for stand alone/no image needed. your card for Paul is darling, except I expected to see you in an apron... speaking of those lovely fashion accessories, did you catch Debbie Olsen's blog the other day where she used an apron stamp?? instantly brought you to mind, which is a guaranteed smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.