Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rustic Thank You



The Friday Sketcher's Challenge site presented a lovely layout using tags for its last challenge of 2008. I wanted to use this sketch in a rustic look and I chose a sweet stamp from an old Stampin' Up set called Garden Pleasures. I really like the challenge of the off angle layout in combination with the tags. This is the layout sketch we were challenged to use:

The tag is colored with Faber-Castell markers. The tag is made from a highly absorbent cardstock and I think that these markers work better on a glossier surface but trial and error is half the fun for me.


The photos make this appear to be on a white background but actually it is pale blue which, combined with the tan, brown and craft paper center looks much better in real life.

The next Friday Sketchers challenge will be posted January 9th. If you enjoy sketch challenges I encourage you to check out Friday Sketchers. Participants are from all over the globe and it is so inspiring to see a wide variety of interpretations of sketches on cards.

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jennifer - I love the soft muted colour and that adorable little image.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Love the image; love the way you "distressed" the edges. The sewing finished the card beautifully. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing and distressing on this card is just awesome. Just a gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet Jennifer! I love the sewing you do on your cards! I would give anything to know how to sew.... Fabulous job on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just Beautiful!! I love that image. And your sewing is Fantastic..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.