Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gingersnap Creations Challenge: NUMBERS

It's the 4th Wednesday in January and that means the 4th January challenge at Gingersnap Creations blog is posted and the challenge this week is NUMBERS. Serendipity Stamps is this month's sponsor and is offering some great prizes so be sure to enter in on the challenge for your chance to play along and possibly win a great stamp set.

For my card for the NUMBERS challenge is a bit of a play on the words in the Serendipity Stamps sentiment stamp "It's not the Years in your life that count, it's the Life in your Years." You're only the NUMBER of years you feel rather than what your birth age number is. OK, I might have stretched the challenge a bit, but I really love this sentiment and the bicycle stamp and thoroughly enjoyed using it in this week's NUMBERS challenge.



Card Recipe:

Stamps: Serendipity Stamps stamps #219G Bicycle and 574E (sentiment)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black and Stazon Orange. Image colored with copic markers
Paper: K & Company
Accessories: Nestibilites oval dies, Flower Soft, Machine stitching, Stickles (distressed orange), Ribbon (dashes and dots), Prima Flowers and brads.

For more inspiration of cards using the theme of NUMBERS check out the rest of the Gingersnap and Serendipity samples over at GINGERSNAP CREATIONS and of course my Serendipity Design Team members work:

Amy Cokley
Anya Schrier
Kathie Bailey
Lynda Benden

Cheers!

Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love the delicate touch of the Flower Soft. You used it so well and it did not overwhelm the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card.. those colors are wonderful.. and I love your use of the flower soft... it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, love that bike and your sentiment is great. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job with the challenge - very clever! Love the basket full of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and a beautiful verse Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Jennifer, this is AWESOME! Love the papers, makes me think of summer WHICH I might add can't get here quick enough!!! LOL!!! You did a great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! the flower soft looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, this turned out beautifully. I just love your color choices. I have that stamp too and really need to ink it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.