Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snail Mail for You !

I was looking through my pail of images I've previously stamped and colored but hadn't used on a card yet and found this fun lunch pail filled with letters. I decided that it would work well for this week's MOJO MONDAY SKETCH #174. Below is Julee's sketch/layout challenge:Card Recipe:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Vintage Picnic"
Ink: Momento Black
Designer Paper: Making Memories "English Garden"

Wow! That's a lot of strawberries! I love this paper and I have had the ribbon in my sewing basket for years and years. I used it on a summer outfit probably 20 years ago and still have a sufficient amount left for another project so I decided it coordinated with this paper and I'd use a bit of it.

On the layout you'll see the two circles to the lower right of the focal image. I thought about buttons or brads or jewels but then decided why not cut out the strawberries from the ribbon and adhere them on the card in the places where the two small circles were to be placed.

Until next time,

Cheers!

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. what a sweet card Jennifer!
    Thanks for sharing
    i became your follower :-)
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still got it! Your stamping is wonderful!! That "knit wit" card is adorable (love all that stitching and that sheep) and this one is screaming "SUMMER" at me (love the picnic basket and the background paper) - how fun! and only 59 days until spring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Love all those strawberries! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very sweet, the strawberry ribbon is a great touch with the envies image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.