Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blue Delft Tile card

A couple of weeks ago at Splitcoast Stampers, the Wednesday Tutorial was how to make a Delft Tile card. I've always loved Blue Delft Tile and while I do not own any, I admire it greatly. Delftware, or Delft pottery, or Blue Delft tile refers to blue and white pottery made in and/or around Delft in the Netherlands and the tin-glazed pottery made in the Netherlands from the 16th century. This is an example of Blue Delft tile: The process to make the card was quite simple and involved a large background stamp (I used a Stampin' Up! Floral background stamp) and stamped it in blue ink, scored the image into a tiles and then added a bit of grey highlights to replicate the grout between the tiles. You can find the complete tutorial presented at Splitcoast Stampers HERE. My center stamps is also a Stampin' up stamp from an old and well loved little set called "Flowers of Gratitude." The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! as well. Finally, after mounting the image I added some blue pearls. In the centers of the flowers I added tiny light grey pearls. I thought the pearls added the ceramic and shiney look of glazed tile. What do you think? This Delft tile technique was a lot of fun to make. In fact, I found some other background stamps that I think will be a lot of fun to make a Delft Tile Card with.

Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jennifer, it's very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jennifer!

    PS Ive planted and they have sprouted; strawberries and different tomatoes. Let's hope that this year I have a green thumb like you do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Is this pretty! I saw that on splitcoast and decided "nah, not for me". You may just have me rethinking my initial notion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.