Thursday, June 16, 2011

Grazing horses

This card is also for the Teapot Tuesday Challenge to make get well cards for Jessica who fell off her horse and was seriously injured. And, as I mentioned in my previous post, we were instructed to use horse images and flowers on the card. Since I jumped at the opportunity and challenge to use my horse stamps I made two cards using the challenge requirements. The grazing horses stamp is from one of my most treasured Stampin' Up sets called "Bareback" and I've used it a million times...at least! *wink* For this card, since the previous challenge card was of a more elegant card, I wanted this to have a more outdoors-y/western theme. Below is the teapot that inspired the horse theme for this week's Teapot Tuesday challenge:I have been having a lot of fun lately using my Pierceabilities templates. I have a few but up until the past few weeks haven't used them much. The piercing at the bottom of this card is made using the piercing template and I thought it had a western feel to it.

I stamped the image as well as the background which is another Stampin' Up! stamp, called "weathered". The flower I made was with a Stampin' Up! flower punch. The corners are also punched and then I ran the corners through my Cuttlebug with a floral embossing folder to give the "photo corners" a bit of texture.So this card was inspired by my Gyspy mare. I was out at the barn yesterday morning to be there for her visit with the farrier. Oh my, she was enjoying the sweet grass and the breezes that were blowing. She'd rather be grazing than be in the barn to have her hooves trimmed.
After her visit with the farrier it was time to take her back out to the field. Call me crazy but I think my mare has the best looking bum of any horse ever! And yes, I even took a brief video of her as she was led back to the field. Just watch her swish her tail and sashay away:

Time for me to get out in the garden. I'll leave you with this goodbye photo of the Gypsy mare as she heads out to graze with the rest of the horses.
Until next time,
Cheers!
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. oH Jennifer, Your card is just beautiful.. But Im really lovin Gypsy.. She beautiful!! We have two horses, Smokie and Shortie. My husband has had horses his whole life. He use to ride in rodeos all the time..But then I guess that typical of most Cowboys.. LOL.
    Anyways very lovely work.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.