Sunday, August 21, 2011

Home is where the heart lives.

I love, love, LOVE primitive art. In my home nearly every lithograph, print, framed needle work and the decor is primitive art. My favorite artists of this genre include Jane Wooster Scott, Charles Wysocki and Warren Kimble.

This wonderful stamp set is from Cornish Heritage Farms, which sadly is no longer made. The set contains the individual trees, sheep, houses, hills and sentiments. Setting up scenes with this set is so much fun! It does require a lot of masking but is such fun once the scene begins to take shape.

For this card there is not only a lot of masking but also a lot of sponging of ink colors. When I say I'm getting inky today, this card is a prime example. The sheep are done with a product I found in the $1 store years ago and I can no long get. It is this goopy "white snow" product, they called it. It actually almost looks like frosting. Sadly for me, I used it all up on my sheep so I'm all out of it now.

I have a special someone I want to send this card to. She relishes anything primitive too.

Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.