Thursday, March 22, 2012

Celebrate Today

Are you enjoying these past few days of incredibly warm weather?  I still pinch myself and remind myself that it is March and not June or July!  And this week's warm weather inspired me to bring my clunky old bicycle up from the basement and take it outside to enjoy some fresh air, sunshine and much needed exercise.

This wonderful Mo Manning digital stamp titled Mummu's Bike could be a picture of me.  Well...my hair isn't as long as Mummu's, but otherwise, I think we could be sisters.  Mummu looks like she hasn't a care in the world and is simply celebrating the moment, i.e. Carpe Diem!
This week's challenge at Mo's Challenge Blog is "Bling it on" so I think with all of my flowers and sprigs and ribbons, my Mummu's bike card fits the challenge.

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Mo's Manning Digital Stamp and Papertrey Ink (sentiment, "Celebrate today")
Ink:  Memento Bahama Blue and image colored with Copic markers
Designer Paper:  My Mind's Eye, Wild Asparagus
Accessories: Machine stitching, Offray Grosgrain ribbon, Martha Stewart scalloped eyelet border punch, paper flowers.

I'm on quite the bicycle kick now and have a few more bike/trike related items on my work table.

Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer

13 comments:

  1. WOWZER!! This is such a gorgeous card.. I love the image and she is colored perfectly.. Very lovely work as always..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeus card!

    HUGS SUSY

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous as always and love the texture on the flowers
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beatiful card! love the image xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card and the image is lovely too!:) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely beautiful! I love your coloring style, and the paper and embellishment are perfect! So glad you shared this with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is "out of this world!!!" It looks so real I want to reach out and touch it. There I just did! I also love the color choices. And the card layout. And paper choices. You are my inspiration HP :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and the sewing! And those flowers give the card such dimension. All the details. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are totally mastering the Copics! Your coloring is super-duper incredible! Just love this card and I had to chuckle because my hair is fairly long (and in a braid today:), but thankfully the gray is not visible YET! I have been thinking of getting my bicycle out, but would need to move the s-n-o-wblower to the barn and about that time Mother Nature would remind me that it is only a few days past whineter and I couldn't move the drifts with my bike. Really love this card. Thanks for sharing. Happy sunny biking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS! She's just super.
    Now how about one for us "Gimpettes" who have a 3 wheeler with a "Wizard of Oz" basket on the back for a small dog or shopping, or treasure hunts etc? haha.. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, your flowers you added to her flowers is genious. Very country and sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card!!! Your coloring is beautiful...just beautiful!! Love this Mo image...and your papers and design work are perfection!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another FUN image, colored so beautifully. fun embellies too. Always Love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.