Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chalkboard Ornaments

 
For the past couple of years Chalkboards have become the "in" thing.  This chalkboard craze can be found in everything from home decor, signboards at the coffee shop, the beer and wine stores, on cards, decorations.....you name it.  Chalkboard art can be found everywhere.  So... why not chalkboard ornaments for the Christmas tree?

 
Probably 8 or 9 years ago my sister, a school teacher, sent me a box of crafting supplies that she had but didn't have a purpose for and thought maybe I could use them.  Amongst the items were about 10 little chalkboards.  They were 49 cents each according to the sticker still on the backs.  I was clueless what to do with such tiny chalkboards so they've been in a box in the closet ever since.  Recently I discovered them and immediately knew how I'd make use of them.

 
To make these took all of maybe 15 minutes.  The sentiments are from Papertrey Ink's sentiments set called Over Under Easy: Holiday Additions Stamp Set.  I used VERSAMARK to stamp the sentiments onto the chalkboards and then embossed the sentiment with White Detail embossing powder.  Once the sentiment was stamped I drilled tiny holes on each upper corner, strung rusty wire and a rusty bells to use as hangers and finished it off with a  bow of bakers twine.
 
These will be fun to use not only as ornaments, but also as gift tags or even affix a magnet to the back and use them as refrigerator greetings.
 
Until next time,
Cheers!
 
Jennifer

Shared at:

HOMEWORK

3 comments:

  1. I love them! I never thought about stamping in versamark and embossing them. Now I will be on the look for some of these little jewels.
    TFS and Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just so cute...good thing you saved them! Thanks for your lovely Christmas letter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always fun to rediscover objects to alter. And you certainly put together great ideas to create these delightful chalkboard ornaments!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.