Monday, February 25, 2013

Loss of furry friends


This weekend I made two more sympathy cards for the loss of a beloved furry companion.  As a card maker I thoroughly enjoy being asked to make a card for occasions of any kind.  And I am touched that people ask me to make something to send for them.  Sympathy cards, however, are the hardest of all occasion cards to make.



 Both dogs lived long lives, but in the end were taken by cancer.  I decided to make the cards essentially the same layout.  The differences are the designer papers and the sentiment on the front that I used.  The inside sentiments are the same.



Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Paw print on the outside by Inkadinkadoo.  Sentiments by Papertrey Ink"With Sympathy: Loss of pet"
Designer Papers:  K & Company
Ink:  Versamark and black detail embossing powder and Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories and Embellishments: Nestibilities flower die and Nestibilities rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies, craft felt, Martha Stewart rose leaf punch, prestamped pawprint cotton twill tape.

 
Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer


3 comments:

  1. Oh so sad having to make these kind of card Jennifer but how lovely to be asked by the pet owners they are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice option to make something so heartfelt for a loss. Beautiful, touching sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.