Monday, August 12, 2013

Cinnamon Blueberry Swirl French Toast


You might recall that last week I posted a recipe for Cinnamon Blueberry Swirl bread.   And it is a beautiful and delicious bread, if I do say so myself. 

But, I wanted to give you an UPDATE!  Yesterday morning the Mister played golf until about noon, so I wanted to make him a nice brunch when he got home.  I decided to make him french toast using the cinnamon blueberry swirl bread.  Ladies and gentlemen!!!  This was THE BEST french toast I've ever eaten. 

I highly recommend this bread for a very special brunch treat.  I cut thick slices of bread, dipped them in egg and cream mixture and slowly fried them up.  The Mister likes a little maple syrup on his and I also sprinkled just a bit of powdered sugar on too.  The sweetness of the toast and the savory of a side of bacon was just perfect.

If you missed the post about the bread and would like the bread recipe, just click HERE.

Until next time,
Cheers!







2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a nice change from the toast l would be having looks delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...I am so hungry and now this pop up in front of me-DANG! This looks so so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.