It's that time! What time, you ask? Time to do the Can-Can! No, not the dance. I'm talking about canning, jarring up, putting up summer produce to last the rest of the year. And yesterday I made 15 half pints of my favorite PEACH JAM!
The first Ontario peaches have arrived at the fruit markets. I went a little crazy and purchased about a half bushel, I think. Peach jam is always first on my list to make.
Looks like a lot of jam, doesn't it? No worries here though. It will be used on toast and biscuits, as a cookie and pastry filling, mixed in with our breakfast yogurt and/or oatmeal. It will top ice cream and pancakes.
- 10 cups of fresh peaches, blanched, peeled and chopped
- 9 cups white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon pure orange extract
- Combine the peaches and 5 cups of sugar in a large stock pot. Mix well to combine and bring the peach mixture to a boil stirring often to prevent sticking, burning or scorching! Allow to boil for 15 minutes
- Add butter, the remaining sugar and orange extract. Bring to boil again and boil for 15 minutes more. (The butter is added to reduce the amount of foamy froth created from boiling.)
- Test jam consistency on a cold (out of the freezer) saucer. If the jam is too runny, boil a few minutes long and retest thickness on a cold saucer.
- Pack hot jam into hot, sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch of headroom at the top. Wipe the rims with a clean, damp cloth and seal with lids and ring bands. Process the jars in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
This luscious peach jam won't last long! Guaranteed!
Until next time,
I was featured:
I can be found sharing at these online parties:Sew-Off Saturday Sew Can She , Brag about it Tuesday Be Betsy , Shabby Art Boutique Shabbilicious Friday , Give Me The Goods Monday , Homestead Barn Hop , Whimsy Wednesday , Knick Of Time , Hickory Trail , Make the Scene Monday (at Alderberry Hill), From the Farm Blog Hop , A Peek Into My Paradise , A Delightsome Life , Share your Cup Thursday Have a Daily Cup, Homework , Green Willow Pond , A Stroll Thru Life , Work It Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style , I Should Be Mopping the Floors , Common Ground Be Inspired , Simple and Sweet Fridays , Frugal Fit Family Friday Follow Along , Sweet and Savory Sunday , Sugar and Slice Sunday , This Gal Cooks Marvelous Mondays , This Silly Girl's Life, Living Better Together TGIF Linkparty , DIY Sunday Showcase , Sweet 2 Eat Wonderful Wednesday , Dear Creatives Inspiration