Thursday, February 8, 2018

A card to welcome a baby girl

This past Monday was a very special occasion for my family.  My granddaughter had her Mikvah and then followed by her Bris Bat, at which time she received her Jewish name.  It was a very happy and beautiful day of family, prayer, tradition and celebration.
 
  
This is the card I made for my precious granddaughter's Bris Bat.  I computer generated her Hebrew name, which means Sarah, onto pink card stock and then used my stamp positioner to stamp the baby onesie, made by Stampin' Up!,  over her name.  Next I fussy cut the onsie and mounted it on scalloped and straight edged Nestabilities ovals.  I added a some pink liquid pearls to the scallops and mounted it on white and pink cardstock with a little pink polka dot ribbon to match.  Inside I stamped Mazel Tov! (stamp from Stampin' Up!


 
I wish I could say I made this baby Yarmulke but I cannot crochet this beautifully.  I must give credit where credit is due.  My daughter-in-law, Elena, made this for my Granddaughter (Elena's new niece) as a keepsake for her special day.  It's absolutely lovely.
 
I hope you are keeping warm.  This winter has been incredibly cold and we are all looking forward to an early spring!
 
Until next time,
 
Jennifer
 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love your crochets too! freezing her and so windy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious, such a special time, the crocheted piece is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.