Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby gift card

This was such a fun gift card to make for a new baby.

I began by adhering the pink rose paper to my A2 size card base. Then I used SU circle and scalloped circle punches for the ruffles and openings for the legs and neck. I measured down about 1 1/2" from the shoulder for the sleeves and angled the cut down to the leg opening. The SWEET ONE circle sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! set called "So many Scallops" that I stamped in Pink and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I added a little row of white rick-rack to the sleeve and dotted on raspberry colored liquid pearls. Finishing it off, I added three white eyelets to the bottom to give the illusion of snaps. The whole card from start to finish took just a few minutes to create.

The idea for this has been around for a long time and you can find many examples on Splitcoast if you search "Baby Onesie." Depending upon how you want to embellish the "onesie" you can make it for a boy or girl. I think making a little sailer suit for a boy would be very cute. I needed a baby girl gift card but I think this would be darling to use for shower invitations, thank you cards and even baby announcements.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Your bugs are Super-Duper cute and this is one darling onsie! Love the paper and the stamps and your coloring and your little details like the rick rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to tell you how much I really enjoy your site. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just precious! and what a keepsake too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.