Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cute as a bug!

This set of baby cards is a gift I've been working on and I'm tickled pink (and yellow and green and blue) how they turned out. The baby's room is decorated in a bug theme so I thought the parents might enjoy having notecards matching the "cute as a bug" theme to use as thank you notes cards.
The stamps I used are a set of cute bugs from Sunshine Designs, made by The Stamp Barn here in Ottawa. Aren't they perfectly adorable? I'm generally not a huge fan of creepy crawlers but these little bugs are sweet!

Each image is colored using Tombow markers. Generally I watercolor with my Tombows but this time I used them direct to paper.

You know me! I can't make a card without adding a little Stickles glitter or bling-bling of some sort. Some of the cards have pearls and some have crystals as accents.

And of course no card is complete without a little ribbon and some punches. I just love this Martha Stewart scalloped eyelet punch. The swiss dot background on each card is created with my cuttlebug embossing folder.
I hope the parents will be pleased with these cards. I made 6 cards of each design for a set of 24 notecards total. This turned out to be a labor of love but a lot of fun too.

I'm off to the baby shower now.

10 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous! I love all the special details you put on them! Lucky parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure she loved those baby cards. They are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the most precious cards. Love the sparkle and lace and ribbons. Beautiful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, I love the assortment of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly adorable! Cute as a bug in a rug!!! What a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love your cards, Jennifer! They are all so cute and unique too! I just went looking all over CA for them online and can't find anyone who sells them. Can you tell me where I can look and buy online? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect idea to make "bug" cards as a gift! And they are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.