Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Peppermint Treats


This House Mouse stamp is called Peppermint Treats. I get a chuckle out of the little mouse inside the ornament nibbling away on the peppermint treats while the other little fellow looks in.

The challenge on HOUSE MOUSE AND FRIENDS challenge site this week is to use glitter and glitz. What fun for me because it gave me another reason to get out my new Glitter Glitz glitter product, crystals that sparkle as well as some stickles glitter glue and dimentional glaze.

After coloring the image with prismacolor pencils and added crystal glitter over the entire ornament and copper colored glitter and the top ring collar of the ornament. On the peppermint candy in the corner I stamped the peppermint, cut it out and filled in the red swirls with Christmas red stickles and then covered the entire piece of candy with dimentional glaze to give it a look of wrapped candy.

This was actually a fairly fast card to make, other than the drying time which wasn't too long. I like how it shimmers and sparkles in real life.


Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous image ans so beautifully glittered - i love it.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very very cute card! I'm sure it sparkles like crazy in the light! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLEY BUCKETS! OMG OMG OMG this is so so so gorgeous! WOW I love it so much! I guess you can see that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the sparkle.And the image is just to cute.Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! and so so Christmas lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet!Sweet!Sweet! Love the glitz. Amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure know how to make them mice loveable! Great use of sparkle ~ it all looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card. Love all the sparkly over this hungry little mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaahhhh this is gorgeous
    I lovely image used
    wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card you have created. The wee mice look almost real, and the glitter is just perfect. I would have loved to participate in this one! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual, your adorable House Mouse images bring a smile to my face! So cute!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooooooo....this is sooooooo awesome! You did a terrific job on this challenge. I love your card and all the sparkle! Wow. Hope you are able to come back tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the sparkle on this one. So so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing!!! I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVVVVVVVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have gone and done it again...you ahve made a PERFECT card!!! This baby put a smile on my face the moment I saw it:o) You are so very talented!!! I always leave your blog happy and inspired!!! Thank you!!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    Ps. Do you mind if I add you to my friends list on my blog roll?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.