Monday, December 1, 2008

Season of Simple Grace

December 1st! The first is the day, when my children were very small that we called the 'official' Christmas Cookie baking day. No decorations would have been put up yet, but I would officially begin playing Christmas music and begin the baking on this date. The dog would be covered in flour from our cookie baking process and the start of many family traditions would begin. All three of my children would start the planning of their annual Christmas program that they'd write, direct, and perform in for the relatives. They'd even make programs for us and I've saved every single one from all of those years ago.

Yes, it is a season of Simple Grace. That is also the title of this Stampin' Up!, set from the Winter Mini catalog, that I'm making some of my Christmas cards from this year. The idea for the layout I must give credit to a card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers made by Michelle (Screenname: Delirium) that you can see here and the inside here.

I changed my card up a bit from the card I CASED. Here is how many of my Christmas cards will look.



When you open the flaps this is how it looks from the inside with the sentiment:


And just so you can read the sentiment:



I know that this set is going to be a well used for Christmas over the years to come.

So as we enter this Season of many different Holidays I am wishing everyone much love and happiness as you prepare to celebrate your religious holy day, whatever religion you practice. For all faiths, I believe that it is a Season of Simple Grace.

Now...onto my holiday preparations.



7 comments:

  1. I love this!! A perfect card with wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, This is GREAT! As is all your cards.I have a new blog come visit some time
    lindascraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!!! Then again, all of your cards are stunning!!

    I really loved reading about your much-loved family traditions. It is the time of year you will actually see my boys want to cook:o) Like you, we do loads of baking, and they still have their favorite treats they enjoy decorating. For me, it is a bit bittersweet; my oldest son will be leaving for boot camp in January. The blessing is that he was supposed to have left on November 20th, but the date changed just days before he was supposed to go. I thank God for allowing us to spend one more holiday with him being a "child".

    Enjoy your holiday, and thank you for the reflections of an earlier time:o)

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card to go with such precious memories. Thanks for sharing them. Happy Holiday Season to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer this is outstanding. What a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how beautifully done Ms Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just lovely! So elegant too! I really like the fold on this length card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.