Thursday, February 12, 2009

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." This quote is by H. D. Thoreau and this sentiment stamp is one of my favorite sentiments stamps I own. I love the swirl of the words and how it causes one's imagination to soar, much the same as Thoreau wrote.

It has been a while since I've participated in one of Julee's Mojo Monday challenges but this week's layout was perfect for this sentiment and I just had to make up this card using Julee's wonderful layout shown below.

I used gold metalic cardstock partnered with some lovely Wild Asparagus swirl paper. The butterfly is punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The flower is a huge silk flower that I took apart for the petals. The pearl brad is from the Bride's Wedding collection. I embossed the center gold paper with my cuttlebug swirl embossing folder.

I think this card can be used not only for an inspirational card but also for a graduation or even to a newly married couple. What do you think?

Cheers!

11 comments:

  1. WOW! What an elegant card! That is one of the neatest sentiment stamps I have ever seen. You did a fabulous job with showcasing it in gold, but where's the furry little critter hiding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and how you have co-ordinated all the aspects. It really is a beautiful card

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and beautiful....simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! Love the sentiment..Lovely work as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING! Yes, this could definitely work for inspiration, graduation or wedding. This is one of my fav quotes. Who makes this stamp? I think I *need* it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the swirly sentiment and all the lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!!! I absolutely love the coloring of this card. It is so nice to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Jennifer. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the elegance of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the sentiment and the shape of the sentiment.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this card - it is simply stunning. The sentiment stamp in particular is fabulous. Can you tell me where you bought this stamp as I would love to add it to my collection if this is at all possible.
    Thank you for sharing your creative talent with us all.
    Regards
    Helen Reiters

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.