Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A cup of tea, a prayer or two...

A cup of tea, a prayer or two. Special moments shared with you! That is the sentiment of this darling Inky Antics stamp. I've watercolored the image with Tombow markers and a wet paint brush. One thing "new" that I used on this, and only just a teenie bit, is the sparkles on the bows in the girls' hair. It is a new-to-me type of stickles glitter called Glitz Stickles. The Glitz are even sparklier than regular and the colors are really rich. Of course in a photo, you don't get the full effect of the sparkle but trust me, they are!

I am going to attach a special tea inside this card and send it off to a friend who I think just might enjoy a cup of tea. We may not get to share it together but this is the next best way, don't you think?

Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I often admire your gorgeous cards at 2peas. The coloring here is simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Do I see a bit more paper piercing going on too? Gotta look close in case you're trying to sneak those pesky mice in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable..I love this image. I dont think Ive seen it before..Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a cute card and I love the water colouring
    Best Wishes Kit x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable image and you've brought it to life with your coloring expertise!
    Smiles,
    Pam
    p.s. Jennifer, I received your lovely card in the mail today. Thank U SO very much! I'm doing much better and should be back to stamping real soon...just in time for Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely Jennifer, and as usual, your watercolouring is sublime perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely. Such a great sentiment to go with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE this.. I have never seen this image either.. You have a great collection.. Super blog too..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.