Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wicked


Yesterday afternoon my husband treated me to the most wonderful afternoon. We went to the National Arts Centre in Ottawa to see the broadway production of WICKED. Have you seen it? NO? Oh you must!

If you are a fan of The Wizard of Oz, then I think you will thoroughly enjoy this wonderful musical. Without revealing the plotline, let me just tell you that you'll learn why the wicked witch's skin was green, the significent of the red ruby slippers, about Galinda (Glinda - the "ga" is silent) the good witch and her relationship with the wicked witch, the scarecrow, cowardly lion, tin man, flying monkeys and even the wizard of Oz.

The music and costumes, sets and lighting, choreography and special effects were out of this world amazing.

We were very, VERY fortunate to have 3rd row centre ORCHESTRA seats.

I'm still on cloud nine. I loved the production THAT MUCH! It was wonderful.

So if you enjoy live theatre and have the opportunity to see a production of WICKED, I urge you to go and see it. I know you won't be disappointed.


13 comments:

  1. You lucky gal! Wicked is scheduled to come to Omaha in 2009, and we ARE definitely going. The tickets are going to sell like hotcakes, I already know. I will be the first in line for them! LOL! I'm so glad you and Paul had a chance to see it. 3rd row Orchestra......WOW! WOW! WOW! It sounds like a wonderful night to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Ottawa as well. I've read the book and would have liked to have seen it but it wasn't in the cards this time. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it!!!! I'm going to Chicago next weekend to see it with my friend from work! I'm even more excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I hope it comes here one of these days. Im still deciding whether I should go to Cats...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this play sounds FABULOUS! I will have to check and see when it will be perfomed closeby. I am absolutely delighted that you and Paul had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky, lucky girl! I am green with envy! Sounds like you had a fabulous time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you went to see this and you enjoyed it. I took Tony to see it last year for his birthday. I'm thinking I need to go see it again before it leaves Los Angeles in 2009. Don't you just LOVE the soundtrack? I'm humming lyrics now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you 100% if you get the chance to see this show it is a MUST! While on vacation in London last September I was lucky and saw it on our first night there. I too am a fan of the Wizard of Oz and had read the book "Wicked" but this was the icing on the cake for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so glad to hear this. It's been so long since I've been to the theatre, and this sounds wonderful! I'm going to check it out and see when it's coming my way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure hope I get a chance to see this. Sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a delightful treat! I have just heard spectacular reviews. Enjoy the CD too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were lucky to see it last spring in LA. I am absolutely in love with it. Play the soundtrack often and would love to go again. Next to the King and I with Yul Brynner it was my favorite theater experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.