Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wool sew for friends

This week's challenge at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #11 calls for a card that is "natural." Natural can mean natural fibers, natural/neutral colors or anything you consider a natural element on your card. The choice is yours as long as you use a House Mouse or one of House Mouse friends stamp.

I chose a new Gruffies stamp titled "Wool sew for friends." I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils, stitched it to a green mat, pinked the edges and added buttons and then used a border punch of X's and Hearts and stitching.

You might ask, what is the "Natural" element on the card? Look closely at the lamb. Do you see the lambswool? I added a very small bit of natural wool roving to my lamb to give her a wooly coat. I've been doing a bit of wool felting and jewelry making lately using wool roving so I had it on hand to add to my cards as well.


If you enjoy House Mouse stamps or any of the House Mouse friends (Gruffies or Happy Hoppers) be sure to check out the weekly challenge on House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge site.



Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

23 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the way you did the lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely adorable! Your sewing AND coloring is total perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous Jennifer .
    Everything is perfect !

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Jennifer this stamp is so you... I haven't seen this image yet. Love your card and the new blog colors. Jovi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely darling. I love the image you used. Fantastic coloring and card! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, I love that wooly little lamb...and your stitching too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtakingly beautiful!!! Allow me to pick my jaw up from the floor before I go any further...okay, I'm a bit more composed. In all honesty, I am speechless! Your card is more beautiful than words can express! I love the colors, the papers, the stitching, your coloring, the lambswool, the EVERYTHING!!!! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is such a beautiful work - your details are amazing and you even sewed! Stunning card worthy of framing!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, this is tooooo cute! I may have to get this stamp!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh...this is adorable!! I love how you made the lamb wooly...lol..I do not have the knack for the gruffies, or housemouse, but I just LOVE what you do with them!! Thank you for sharing Jennifer!!

    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is darling! Love the wool on the lamb, too. And your pinked edges and sewing are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous. I love your card, the colours you chose, the way you done the little lamb and this is one of my favourite stamps - brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant and so beautifully done.
    The lambs coat is inspirational.
    hugs Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Very cool lamb. What a nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so precious. The lambswool is a perfect touch. Nice job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! How sweet is this card? You could frame it surely. Your coloring stands alone in it's awesomeness then you have to go and SEW and add WOOL! I am agog at your talent HP! Wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutley stunning. Beautifully layed out, perfect colours. Love the image.
    Take care & keep smiling
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness, I am going to HAVE to get this new Gruffies! it is just adorable and you have done a PHENOMENAL job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card!
    I like the cute image and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is adorable! Love everything about it!
    Els
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card and great idea for the woolly lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, this gorgeous! I love all your details! Very nice card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.