Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Live your bliss

It has been a while since I've stamped with MY FAVORITE THINGS stamps. (Sometimes referred to as the headless lady stamps. Hee hee hee). This week's MOJO Monday Challenge #81 is the layout shown below. As soon as I saw Julee's layout I thought immediately of this stamp set with its many components to the stamp set.

I popped the lady's sunhat up on foam tape to give it dimension as well as the idea that she really does have more than just a neck.

The background paper is from Wild Asparagus. It reminds me of sand and swirls of ocean water on a shore. I just had to add a real shell to the card, though I'm not sure how well it will do in mailing. We'll see.

The sentiment, Live Your Bliss, is from PaperTrey Ink set called Mega Mixed Messages. I used Tombow markers and a wet brush to color the images.

This was a fun card to make and helped to keep my mind on warmer days ahead, even if it is snowing outside my window right now.

Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. It's those special little touches on your cards that get me every time. I love the sand and hat adornment and tiny shell. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! what a gorgeous card. I love the details, the glitter on the hat and the flip flops and the shell. This card really is amazing. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your details. The hat and eyelets are great. Fabulous job on the mojo monday sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card! Everything just flows together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card luv the image, luv the colour tones, beautiful work, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always another Fabulous card!! Love it..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seeing lots of nesties on this ~ cool! Sure do hope some of the beachy life is coming our way or at least the weather for it. Think I like vermin better than headless ladies, but you made me like THIS one! She's beautiful, Jennifer, and you are so right about the background paper. Hope the shell survives the postal service!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous....so glad I clicked on your name because I am enjoying crusing your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card..It is those little details that really make your card shine. You are very talented. Thank you for sharing your sketch challeng card. I alway learn new things by blog hopping. Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card - love how you carry the theme on both stamped panels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooooh, I have that pretty paper and haven't used it yet. What a great choice for your beach images. Very creative thinking and a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.