Friday, December 3, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town

"You better watch out.
You better not cry.
Better not pout I'm telling you why,
Santa Claus is coming to town.

He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out who's naughty and nice.
Santa Claus is coming to town."


One of my all time favorite and highly prized stamps in my stamp collection is the original Gumball Graphics Santa stamp. And it is true, I use it for at least some of my cards every year, though I try not to send a card with this image to the same people each year. *wink* To me, there have been many wonderful Santa Claus interpretations but none come close to this particular image. I do consider myself fortunate to have been able to purchase this stamp before it disappeared.

Much to my husband's delight, I have made a concerted effort to keep this year's cards flat...or as best as I could not too bulky with embellishments soas not to have to mail with double the postage. My dear daughter claims she always knows when she's receiving a handmade card by me because, as she calls them, they are FAT CARDS, meaning the envelopes are huge and puffy. Well, not this year.

For this card I used the snowflake embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug for the cardbase to create the snowflake background and then randomly added a tiny hint of glitter to the snowflakes to make them sparkle. Mr. Claus's image is mounted on royal blue metalic cardstock. I colored him with a few copic markers and added a bit of sparkle to his beard, hair and eyebrows with a sparkly Sakura Gelly Roll pen. I love using this pen. It doesn't add any color but the sparkle does subtley catch the light.

I punched a few snowflakes with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch and added ultra fine blue and crystal glitter to them. Then a thin silver cord on the side with a bow to finish it off. I really enjoy the blue, silver and white combo for Christmas!

These were fun to put together. I'm going to make some small gift tags for presents using the Gumball Graphics Santa stamp. He's such a jolly old elf, don't you think?

Until later,
Cheers!

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous---this is my favorite Santa image too and I love how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this! The image is wonderful, and you use it so beautifully. When you run out of people to send him to, you know where I am . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jennifer, this is beyond gorgeous! That has always been a favorite stamp...and I don't even have it in my collection! Wah! :) Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, love this Santa image. Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.