Today's What's under the Cake Dome Sunday #22 dessert treat for The Mister is Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. I made this decadent, rich, creamy, minty, chocolately dessert for the Mister as a celebration and congratulatory dessert to express how proud I am of the huge accomplishment he's achieved. More chat about that at the end of this post because I just know you are going to want this recipe and surprise your family and friends with it too.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 cup finely crushed Chocolate Wafers
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of Mint Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300 degrees F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan).
- Mix wafer crumbs, butter and 3 tablespoons sugar and press firmly onto bottom of springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and flour until well blended. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well again. Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in the mint chocolate chips and pour batter over the crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Run a knife or metal spatual around the rim of the pan to loosen the cake and cool before removing the rim of the pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight (prefered). Store any leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.
The cheesecake is all ready and I can barely wait to have a slice. (Confession: ok...I did have a small taste while I was taking the pictures, but that doesn't count as a slice, right?)
You might be wondering what the big achievement that I'm bustin' my buttons over my hubby is all about. Well, for the past two years The Mister has been building a 1965 AC Cobra Roadster replica. Isn't it gorgeous? Two years ago the Mister arrived home from the Factory Five headquarters in a huge box truck filled to the rafters with boxes and boxes of screws, nuts, rivets, wiring, panels and parts. In two years The Mister has created this gorgeous automobile. It runs like a charm and is simply beautiful. Everywhere he goes in it he draws a crowd.
Today The Mister is at a car show with it his Cobra and I know he's drawing huge crowds around it. He really is in his element at the shows answering questions, letting people take photos of it and generally just enjoying his roadster.
I'm headed off to join him at the show in a few minutes. He'll have a special celebratory dinner and dessert (the Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake) waiting for him when he comes home later this afternoon.
Until next time,
I was featured on:
I can be found sharing at these parties:
A Stroll Thru Life "Inspire me Tuesday"