Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Belgian Waffles with Strawberries and Cream

 
 My hens are in full on egg production and in trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight that used eggs I just happened to see in the back of my appliance pantry the waffle iron.  I haven't used the waffle iron in years.  I had some strawberries and whipped cream and decided that Belgian Waffles and poached eggs would make a dandy dinner for the Mister.

 
 I love this recipe!  The waffles are light and fluffy inside and just a wee bit crispy on the outside.  The pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg and vanilla  create a delightful waffle.
 
Belgian Waffles Recipe
 
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 4 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs (separated)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • tiny pinch of cinnamon
  • tiny pinch of nutmeg
Directions:
  1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl
  2. In a separate bowl, separate the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
  3. In another separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, milk, oil and vanilla.  Stir to combine.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the egg yolk/milk mixture and mix well.
  5. Fold in the egg whites
  6. Cook in waffle iron on medium-high heat for 5 or 6 minutes.  Waffle irons may vary so judge your cooking time to your own waffle iron.
 
Yield:  5 or 6 large waffles.
 
Note:  I used approximately 3/4 cup of batter for each waffle.



 
Until next time,
Enjoy!
 
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.