Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mary Engelbreit Thank you


Do you ever have a stamp that you just love the image but have a hard time finding in your "stash" just the right elements to put a card together? This was my problem with this darling Mary Engelbreit stamp.

I stamped a bunch of these Mary Engelbreit thank you images last weekend but didn't have the chance to color them and make cards until this morning. Then I realized that I didn't have the bright primary colored patterned paper in my supplies. I made a realization that I tend to stockpile muted colors and vintage papers. But Mary Engelbreit NEEDS bright primary colors. Whats a gal to do? I decided I'd use this Daisy D's paper and hope for the best and this is what I came up with.

The Mary Engelbreit stamp is made by All Night Media. I colored her with my prismacolor pencils and mounted the image on scraps from my stash of black and yellow cardstock. Next I layered Daisy D's Vintage Blossoms patterned paper on a black mat and mounted them on a bright yellow card base. Next I added the gingham bow and yellow prima flowers and mounted the Mary Engelbreit image on foam squares.

7 comments:

  1. Very sweet card. I like the vintagey look to the bg paper. It does look like fabric. Your coloring is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?! This card is AWESOME! I'm *really* loving this image and thought for a minute that you had posted a (heaven forbid!) store-bought card because your coloring is so right-on perfect! That background paper is just the ticket as it doesn't distract from the image. Fantastic! Would you consider swapping some of these images for something I have??? please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, of course I'll send you images. My pleasure! Especially since I'm always drooling over your beautiful work. The images on are their way. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too thought it was a fabric background until I read the whole story. This will be a fun card to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card and the stamp. Michael's had some of the Engenbreit ribbon in its clearance bin a while back, they still might. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous!! Again your coloring is perfection! The PP is perfect too. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.