Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bucket of Tulips


Yes, you guessed it! I'm still dreaming of spring. I'm afraid for all of the wishing I'm doing, it isn't changing the weather any. Today we've had freezing rain and snow on top of our already deep snowbase. It will be many months before I can pick a bucket of tulips like these.

But I won't let the outdoor weather stop my indoor dreaming. This is an old PSX stamp that I just never get tired of. I stamped with versamark on watercolor paper and embossed with silver detail embossing powder. Next I watercolored the image with Tombow markers. The "grateful" stamp is from Stampin' Up!. I matted and mounted the tulips on some bright and sunny BoBunny designer paper, added a couple of ribbons and red crystals.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....I LOVE that PSX stamp! I wonder where mine is??? You did such a fabulous job coloring it with your Tombows. Don't you just love them?

    BTW...I have been meaning to tell you that I have about 100 or so sheets of white marl paper if you ever need some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, very pretty. Makes me yearn for spring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtakingly beautiful Jennifer!
    Why don't you bring Spring into the house? I have hyacynth bulbs and tulips in full bloom at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stunning. I want to run my fingers over it and feel the texture and depth. Fab card HP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 49 days and counting. Gorgeous card and you know what's even better - - it has been snowing Canadian Kindness at my house this week - - got the images and the candy. I was dancing around the mailbox, I was so happy. Thank YOU! I will send some images back your way. Love those kids on the sled, can you tell me who makes that stamp please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. I'm dreaming of sprin too! Beautiful!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those ARE beautiful tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, lovely card. It makes me yearn for the first signs of Spring, which usually includes beautiful tulips in my garden. Beautiful coloring, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you embossed with silver, it's so pretty. I never would have thought to do that for flowers. You water color painting is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.