Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sarah Kay Anniversary Quilt Card

I've become a huge fan of Sarah Kay stamps and am slowly acquiring as many of these darling stamps as I can. I thought that this stamp would pair beautifully with this week's ROSES ON PAPER CHALLENGE site's challenge to make a QUILT CARD. This card is my take on the quilt card challenge.

Besides the Sarah Kay stamp I used a variety of other products including the background paper which is Marjolein Baskin's Nature's Garden collection paper. I used Tombow markers to color the image (along with a wet paintbrush). Some machine stitching on the quilt blocks as well as "tufting" in the corners was fun to do. And do you see the flower button brads? I spied those at Michael's one day and just had to have them. They come in a variety of colors.


I wanted this card to be a whimsical anniversary card so on the inside of the card I used the "Marriage..." sentiment stamp from PaperTrey Ink's Quilter's Sampler Sentiment set. The buttons stamp in the corners is a really old Annette Allan Watkins stamp.

I'm getting this card in just under the wire for the Roses on Paper Quilt challenge. Every two weeks on Monday the site posts a new challenge. Roses on Paper is a great online place to shop as well as participate in their fun challenges.

I'll be sure to check their challenge site tomorrow for the next challenge.

Cheers!


8 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer, I love this 9 patch quilt card with the sugar nellie stamp! Fantastic coloring, papers and the flower brads is just perfect!TFS
    Hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Jennifer! Fabulous design and color palette!!! It really makes me smile from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect, and for those of us old enough to remember, a true classic Retro image. Beautifully rendered. I am delighted to find your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card, and I love how you decorated up the inside too!!! Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I loved your pics of Paige!!! Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful creations. You're always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jennifer - this is a gorgeous card! I love the colours, the SK image and the quilting squares are just fantastic!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two of my favorite colors! I love the 9 Patch and you color beautifully! Thanks for joining our challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card. I love the way you tufted your quilt. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.