Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring

I'm still celebrating the first days of spring, even if our temperatures are not spring-like.

This week's Friday Sketchers Challenge was the following layout:


I used sweet Tilda from Magnolia Stamps with a bouquet of flowers and added just a touch of lavender Flower Soft to one of her flowers.

The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils. The designer paper is from Daisy D's and I paired it with a pale yellow cardstock and stamped a Fine Lace background stamp by Stampin' Up! and used Tim Holtz distress ink to make it appear to coordinate with the Daisy D paper.

I used a lot of punches for this card including a Martha Stewart lace border punch, Martha Stewart leaf punch, Stampin' Up! ticket punch, oval punch and ribbon threader punch.

Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend. I will be spending the bulk of my weekend doing some much needed spring cleaning.

Cheers!


9 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card Jennifer! Great take on the FS sketch and I love how you tied the sentiment to the ribbon! Beautiful colours too.
    Enjoy this gorgeous sunshine we're having!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. tooooo darn cute...I love everything about this card. From the layout to the color scheme to the smallest flower details....it is just fabulous all the way around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty papers. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. Thanks for sharing.
    Asta Bjornsdottir
    Iceland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer,
    Pop on over to my blog - there is something waiting for you!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer this is Gorgeous..You have done a fantastic job with this sketch..Love the flower soft..and you know how I love your coloring!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she is so darling. All the details are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a completely wonderful card in so many ways, Jennifer. I adore the way you layered the image with using the corner punch on the second layer. So creative and it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FABULOUS job on this one Jennifer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.