Monday, March 28, 2011

Enjoy the moment

Where has March flown to? It may be an exceptionally cold and wintery month for us, but it sure seems to have gone quickly. Today is my last day to join the HOUSE MOUSE AND FRIENDS team as a guest designer. I've thoroughly enjoyed being a guest DT member and will continue to participate in the challenges each month.

Are you ready to get out your House Mouse & Friends stamps and participate in Challenge #92 ? It is my favorite type of challenge and that is a sketch challenge. Here is it (above).
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Stampabilities "Lavender Bouquet" and Papertrey Ink sentiment
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dusty Concord
Image colored with Copic Markers
Designer Paper: Stampin' Up!
Embellishments: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Flower Soft, Martha Stewart ultra fine glitter, lavender colored sheer dotted organza ribbon.

For anyone who enjoys using Flower Soft have you tried making bouquets with it like my sweet Gruffie bear has here? It is very simple to do: Using approximately a two inch piece of fine wire heavily coat one end about 3/4 inch up the wire with a thick glue (I used Aileen's but Flower Soft does have their own brand). Sprinkle heavily with Flower Soft and then stick the opposite end of the wire in a dry sponge to let it stand up and dry for an hour or two. Once the strand was dry simply tie a pretty bow with your favorite ribbon and adhere the bouquet to your card.

My photos appear to be showing the Lilac bouquets as quite a dark purple but in real life they are a soft proper lavender color.


I'm looking forward to seeing our Lilac bushes in full bloom and I know when that day comes I'll be sure to "Enjoy the moment" just like this Gruffie is.
Cheers!
Jennifer

11 comments:

  1. Super cute. I love that stamp and the spring time colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I love this Gruffie, I love all these big ole bears! The lilacs are beautiful and those stripes are matched up perfectly, you must sew!!!! It has been wonderful having you create along with us for March as a Guest Design Team member, thanks so much for the beautiful cards. Look forward to seeing what you come up with in upcoming challenges.

    Hugs
    Sue Drees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer
    aww totally gorgeous card, fabulous colouring, fab colours, thank you for being our fantastic guest deisgner for march, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Jennifer, Gruffie is adorable and the lilacs you made are fabulous !! I will have a go at making those :-) As Sue said ,, perfect alignment of the stripes, your attention to detail is amazing :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your flower soft addition to the stems and the image are awesome Jennifer! Simply adorable. This month went by so quick I know... So glad you were able to join us for a bit! You know I will keep in touch... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW.An AWSOME card.I am a huge House Mouse fan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 Great cards as GDT. Love those papers with this image, and your little lilac bunches are great.Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer this is really cute, I just love this image and I love how you did the lilacs. My lilac bush is starting to bud already and I'm so looking forward to the fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer many thanks for being a super GD for HM chall.
    I so love this awesome creation the colouring is TDF.. look forward to seeing more of your HM crations ..

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer your spring card is adorable, I love it. beautiful colours- and of course-lovely image.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been great having you play with the meeces! Thanks so much for being our Designer for March. I do have to say I love how your stripes match up on your fun creation! Such great detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.