Sunday, July 4, 2010

A cheery cherry cupcake pincushion

The high calorie cupcake pincushion that I made and showed you yesterday was given away as a gift and I was so pleased with it and definitely in need of a new pincushion for myself that I whipped up a second pincushion that I have dubed as my CHEERY CHERRY CUPCAKE PINCUSHION.
This fat pincushion is extra large and weighty and for the serious seamstress/quilter/sewing crafter you'll love design. I found the pattern at Sandi Henderson's online shop at Portabello Pixie
There are many ways for you to personalize your cupcake pincushion. The top button detail could also be done with yoyo circles, fancier buttons and even handmade fabric roses. I chose to use my cuttlebug with one of my nestibilities flower dies and cut a yellow flower from a piece of felt. Then I went though my button jar looking for the perfect match to the fabric red. VOILA! I created the flower/button top.

As you see, my pincushion is resting on my cutting table and is ready for some heavy duty use today. I'm working on a new pattern for my bicycle basket that will convert my black metal basket into a feminine and frilly basket liner that will double as a carry all once I arrive at the post office, the grocery store or the library.

Are you intrigued? I hope so. I'm excited about this next project.

And if you are reading this on July 4th (today) I wish all of my family and friends in the United States of America a very HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Cheers!

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. How clever you are to make this adorable pin cushion. I can't wait to see the bike basket makeover. I was just telling hubby that the town we fell in love with to retire to is the perfect location for a bicycle with a basket to take to the market. Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very SWEET! and I can't wait to see the basket cover

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.