Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A mare and her foal


This is another of my favorite horse stamps. It is from the Stampin' Up! set titled BAREBACK. This set was retired several years ago and I was very pleased when I had the opportunity to buy it from someone who no longer wanted it.

My husband frequently reminds me that I do not need to use every embellishment available on a single card. "Remember," he says, "less is more." I know. I know. But I wanted to try out a mixture of Flower Soft product for the grass and wild flowers. And I just had to add a bit of raffia. And I like to sew on cards and add photo corners and don't you think burnished brass brads give it a western look? Hmmmm....maybe I need embellishment intervention. Hee hee hee!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Bareback
Paper: My Mind's Eye patterned paper and Stampin' Up! Cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress inks in Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint and Whispers Archival Whisper Blue
Embellishements: Nestibilities rectangle dies, EK Success paper shaper photo corner punch, Machine stitching, MM brads, raffia, Flower Soft, and image colored with Copic Markers.

This card is actually a reprisal of a card I made a couple years ago almost identical so if you vaguely recall it, it is similar, though not identical. I think this image begs to be watercolored so next time I will do that.

Cheers!

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Your card is just right Jennifer. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's beautiful! I love all the embellishments, besides I'm not good with less equals more either. Where's the fun in that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful! No embellishment intervention for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jennifer! Is it an a4 card? The size fits just right! The design is so lovely. Creativity it is! I love the style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.