Monday, July 5, 2010

Daisy Jar

I was quite surprised to read last week that the rubber stamp company called Cornish Heritage Farms is going to be selling the business. I surely do hope they find a buyer who'll maintain the quality and beauty of stamps and excellent customer service that the current owners have always maintained.

It was just by chance that I made this card prior to reading about the impending for sale sign being put up. This daisy jar stamp, a Cornish Heritage Farm stamp, is the perfect summertime stamp for many occasions.

For this card I pulled out my twinkling H2O's that have not had their little lids removed from them in ages. There is very little coloring needed on this simple card. Next I filled in the centers of the daisys with teeny-tiny micro beads. The daisy petals are covered with a bit of yellow Flower Soft product. Finally, before assembling the card I used my cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder for the background and the corner designs are also using cuttlebug corner dies for cutting. A little jute tied in a bow around the vase and the card is complete.


Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful summer (or winter if you are living down under).

Cheers!

Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Jennifer, this is so pretty. I actually said that out loud when I opened your blog this morning. Love the softness of the flowers with the rough jute twine. You always use just the right touches. CHF is such a unique company. I hope we don't lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, This is such a pretty card.. Love how you added the flower soft..Very lovely work as always!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer - thanks for your good wishes for Amy - how are your trio? Have just been catching up with your blog, totally breathless at your creativity - wonderful things!! Particularly liked the bowl covers - just the thing for temporarily covering bowls during long lazy afternoons in the gazebo - the sort where you drink ... nibble .... chat... nibble a bit more .... etc etc Hx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture on this. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh that is so pretty. Love the string! TFS!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards
    (via Scrapbooking.com newsletter)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you use flocking stuff on the flower petals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you use the flocking stuff on the petals?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.