Saturday, June 4, 2011

So Glad We're Friends

The current challenge at House Mouse and Friends is to create a card using your favorite football team for inspiration. Now before you ask what these two buddies have to do with football, I'm using the jersey colors of my favorite team, the GREEN BAY PACKERS! Green Bay Packer colors are green and yellow.

I would never be able to pick one out of my House Mouse stamps as my favorite, but I must say that this stamp, simply titled "Fish Bowl" is high on my list. Too cute! The sentiment stamp is from Stampin' Up! set called "Best Yet."
The "gravel" in the bowl is a product that is fun to play with. It is a product from Art Glitter called Gala Glitz. It contains a variety of micro beads in various colors and mica chips. Once I put it in place on the card I then covered the entire fishbowl with clear Glossy Accents. Then it was just a matter of waiting for it to dry and my card was ready to assemble.

I used my Cuttlebug circles embossing folder to give the appearance of bubbles in the background.
The weekend is here and before it rains I had better get outside and do some yardwork. Hope you have a super weekend.

Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer

11 comments:

  1. I am in love with this card! :) this is absolutely adorable and the product you used for the gravel in the tank is so cool. Plus, my daughter is a big Packers fan so this is an all around WIN :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so darling. Love all the beads you used for the rocks, very clever! So glad to have you play along with the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer :-)the image is just sooo cute and I love the 'gravel' what a fab idea and the glossy accents just makes it look so real !!

    thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. It is so fun, beautifully coloured and very detailed, love it.

    Not sure where you are in Ontario, but it didn't rain in my neck of the woods ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL details, colors and fun creativity. What a Genius use of those beads for rock gravel! AWESOME work Jennifer!!!!! Thanks so much for joining us again on the HM&F Monday Challenge! We so love to see your beautiful work!! Thanks also for adding GDT at the end of your entry!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a gorgeous card! You totally rocked this challenge! Go Green Bay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Diamond glaze and beads are just brilliantly PERFECT on this one, :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Jennifer this has def. made me smile..another stamp for the ever growing wish list..LOL ..LOVE the green bead gravel..you just might kick yourself when you see the new chall..awesome colouring as always..lovely to see you again..thanks for sharing with us at HM & F chall.

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer your card is fabulous, I just love the gravel.. very creative. I always enjoy seeing this image, it's my first that started my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, it's a wonderful card! I love your coloring, and the gravel in the fishbowl is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.