Friday, June 28, 2013

After the rain

It has rained nearly every day for the past week.  Today it rained ALL DAY with no let up at all until this evening.  The dogs and I needed to get out of the house after being couped up all day so we walked around the garden.  I thought the rain drops on the plants were very pretty.
 
My beans have begun to blossom.  It won't be long until I'll be picking fresh green beans for supper.


The nasturtium are about to bloom.  I planted these nasturtium from seeds I'd saved from last summer's plants.  **Hee Hee**  If you look closely at the raindrop you can see the outline of me taking the photo.


It might be a little late for most people to just be getting pea blossoms on the vines, but here in Eastern Ontario, we had such a cool spring and summer so far, so I'm just glad that my peas are growing and also to see the blossoms coming on the vine.


With all of the rain and cool weather we've had my garden is growing very well.  Now we need some warm days and sunshine.  My greatest concern is that we might get black rot on the tomatoes if it continues to be so wet outside. 
 
More rain predicted for the week ahead but hopefully we'll get a day or two of sunshine mixed in.
 
Until next time,
Cheers!
 
Jennifer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.