Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sorry to be such a Knit Wit

The past two days I've posted cards using my new Taylored Expressions sewing set of stamps but today I want to show you a fun card I made with the Taylored Expressions stamp set for knitters that is called "Knit Wit." It contains several different knitting related stamps to include this sweet lamb and sentiment. Isn't it fun? The set has more great knitting themed stamps.

The layout is the FRIDAY SKETCHERS layout # 137 challenge shown below. This layout provided the opportunity to use the coordinating designer papers by October Afternoon.

I colored the lamb with copic markers and then sponged the edges with teal and then blue colorbox ink for a little shading. Using Nestibilities circle dies I punched out the lamb and mats and using a zigzag stitch, stitched all of the papers and image. Next it was a matter of assembling the card in the layout design and adding a couple of pearls at the top and bottom corners. The last step, soas not to smudge it, I applied lumpy dots of Ivory colored Liquid Pearls to the lamb for a woolly effect.


I hope you are having a terrific day and staying warm. Do you know that yesterday the temperature here was -21 C and with the windchill it felt like -30 C ! YIKES! It was a bit nippy out!

Cheers!

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. I just love the sentiment, what a cute card Jennifer. The touch of Liquid Pearl really makes the little lamb stand out... fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that sentiment alone makes me giggle. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Man, I did not need to see this. ( have a thing for lamb stamps) and know so many knitters...

    this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, Jennifer! I love your pearly lamb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.