Thursday, January 20, 2011

Penny Black 2nd Birthday

We have a very special birthday coming up for a soon to be two year old and I wanted to make a very special birthday card to celebrate the day. I just love this darling Penny Black stamp. In fact, it was a rare occasion that my husband happened to be with me when I saw this stamp and he pointed it out and suggested I get it for his grand daughter's upcoming birthday.

It couldn't have been more fortuitous as well that this week's Penny Black Challenge Blog offered a "buffet challenge" that helped me how to put this card together. Below is the Penny Black buffet menu in which the participants are to choose 4 items from the menu:

The four buffet menu ingredients that I used on my card are: Patterned Paper (from the October Afternoon collection), Ribbon (a pretty pink gingham and some lace too), 3 pink Prima flowers and 3 Gems (which I put in the centers of the flowers).

For the cupcake I used a mixture of yellow and ivory Flowersoft for the cake and white Liquid Pearls for the 'vanilla icing.' While the Liquid Pearls was still wet I sprinkled some microbeads on to serve as 'sprinkles.'

The original stamp only has one candle and I wanted two candles so I stamped the image twice, cut two candles and adhered them to the image on tiny pop dots. I also stamped, colored and cut a second set of balloons and mounted them on pop dots too.

The card has a lot of dimension and I am pleased with how it turned out. I hope our little special girl will enjoy it too for her second birthday.

Now that the card is finished, I need to finish up her little birthday present.

Cheers!

Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. such an adorable card jennifer....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorably sweet. Looks yummy enough to eat off the card! Have fun grandma HP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, your frosting looks good enough to eat. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your special little girl will adore this pretty birthday card, I know I do.
    Penny Black make such adorable stamp images dont they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hi there, Jennifer! :D

    Your cupcake looks so scrumptious, I want to reach out and into my screen, grab it and chomp down on it. Nom nom nom! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a darling card, I just love seeing these little PB teddies, I may have to get some. The sprinkle frosting looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.