Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day!

We've had a beautiful Canada day today. It is warm, sunny and everywhere you go you see the Canadian flags.

Since we live just outside of Ottawa, the National Capital of Canada, you can't get much more celebratory and festive than here in the capital. Paul and I went downtown this afternoon. Thousands upon thousands of tourists and residents filled the streets, shops, cafes and outdoor markets. The Parliment buildings were filled with people on the lawns and taking tours. We saw fighter jet fly overs, heard live jazz musicians as well as some really wonderful string quartet music. It was just a very fun and festive afternoon.

After we came home we decided to deck our two Newfoundland dogs, 'Bella and Gabriel, out in their Canada bandanas. I had a hard time getting them to pose. They were too interested in the camera....or they are such hams that they are always sticking their nose up close to me.




Even one of my cats wanted to dress in his Canada Day bandana...a mini version of 'Bella and Gabe's. This is Tango. He loves getting dressed up!


Hope you had a wonderful day and good celebration today if you are here in Canada. For our neighbors to the south, we wish you a happy Independence Day later this week.

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Canada day to you, my friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos just made me smile, Jennifer! I am absolutely delighted that you had a wonderful, wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww they look so spiffy in their bandannas. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....such cute pics of your four legged babies. Happy Canada Day! I hope you had lots of fun. From your photos, it looks like the weather was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! There is NO WAY my cat would let me put a bandana around her neck!!!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.