Friday, July 18, 2008

Look! Look! Bow wow!




My new PINK PERSIMMON stamps arrived yesterday. I love, love, love this set. It is called "Little Red Wagon" and it is so reminiscent of the Dick, Jane and Sally readers I read as a child. The set has lots and lots of fun stamps to mix and match. I couldn't wait to ink them up so I made this card in about 30 minutes start to finish just to play.

This card is very different for me because I stamped on the cardstock base, colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and it is very, very basic. OK...I admit it was almost painful not to add a bit of dimension, so I did put the red gingham bow with the little tag for dimension. But I think my next cards are going to be strictly stamping.

I have to mention the inspiration for this card as well. Paul and I are soon going to be fostering a puppy for the Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind. If you are interested in what fostering the new puppy will entail, you can read about it HERE on 'Bella and Gabe's blog ('Bella and Gabe are my dogs and yes they have their own blog!).

I think that I'll probably be making a lot of these fun cards announcing the new pup's arrival with this fun stamp set.

OK...I'd better go sweep up dog hair.

Until later when I can make some more cards...

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Your coloring, especially on her dress, is perfect!

    The puppy news is exciting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I love the retro fun of these stamps and your great color combo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.