Friday, November 4, 2011

"Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill."

When you need to make a funny geezer card the first stamp company I think of for classic geezer images is Art Impressions. Just their facial expressions alone will make you smile and the sentiment stamps are typical geezer wisdom.

The mister requested I make a get well card/thinking of you card for a very good friend of his who just this week had triple bypass surgery. I saw the worried and anxious look when my mister got the news about his friend and I am very relieved to report that his buddy is out of surgery and is expected to pull through the operation in good form. These two men would never dream of sending one another a 'mushy' and sentimental card so I pulled out this geezer guy stamp and some pearls of wisdom: "Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill." which is stamped on the inside of the card.
I couldn't resist adding some ivory colored Flower Soft to this geezers tufts of hair, eyebrows and chesthair peeking through his shirt. His glasses have a small dab of Antique Glass dimensional glaze on them. Tee hee...I think he's all ready to hand out advice to his buddies, don't you?

My mister laughed out loud when he saw the finished card and said it was just what his buddy would enjoy to help him on his road to recovery. I was glad I could help out.
Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh, it is just perfect in every way, from one treacherous person!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it.Love the flower soft touches,made me laugh.Bet he laughed too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am saving that sentiment. It's priceless. I love your card; as always, your coloring is fantastic. What did you use this time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! What dies did you use for this card?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.