Friday, November 4, 2011

Shalom

I'm on a cardmaking roll this week! WOW! Two posts in one day. Actually I have quite a few holiday cards in various stages of completion on my work table.

I wanted to share this Hanukkah card. It's very simple but I think it is pretty. The Menorah stamp is from the Stampin' Up! set titled Hebrew Holidays. Using Versamark I stamped the image and then embossed it with silver detail embossing powder. I used silver leaf pen for the mat borders and colored the small portions of the Menorah with metalic silver as well. I happen to have the soft blue crystals which I used for the flames and in the center of the Star of David. I was going to use crystal clear crystals but these matched nicely with the cardstock. The silver eyelash yarn is a Martha Stewart yarn. I'm still debating if I like it on this card or is too much? Let me know what you think.

The inside sentiment is computer generated. I wanted a little more than Happy Hanukkah in the greeting and didn't have any sentiment stamps that were suitable. I thought this sentiment goes nicely with the front image.

I'd better get back to my cardmaking table...

Cheers!

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Elegant and LOVELY with the touches of SILVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am in love with everything you did, including that silver leaf on the edges. I can't believe how beautiful it is! A really wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.