Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Poinsettia


I gave myself a challenge today. I am way behind in making my Christmas cards to send...waaaaaaaay behind! So my challenge to myself was to try to make cards that are 'clean and simple,' or in cardmaker's lingo that would be CAS. One would think that that would not be a challenge at all, but I have a love affair with designer papers, ribbons, bling and glitz and lots of layers on my cards. Consequently, for me to stamp and color and be satisfied with the outcome is a challenge. I must say, though, I am pleased with this CAS card. I've stamped Merry Christmas on the inside, but it could easily be used as a winter notecard or, perhaps, a thank you card after the holidays.
In order to highlight my little Christmas Poinsettia basket I decided to emboss a design around the image. I used a Spellbinders die from the ironworks set to make the snowflake/doily embossing.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Bitty Bouquets (1999 hostess set) and inside sentiment is Stampin' Up.
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black. Image colored with Copic markers
Accessories: Spellbinders Ironworks embossing die, Tonic Holly corner punch, red and yellow stickles glitter.

I must admit that I enjoyed making this card. It was hard not to add "just one more element" and the mister was laughing at me as I kept asking him, "what if I just added one more thing."

I'm going to make some different CAS Christmas cards. They are certainly more easily mailable without extra postage requirements due to bulk, and they are fast to mass produce.

Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just lovely! What a pretty little stamp, and the embossing and punched corners take it right over the top. It's hard to put the designer papers aside, but when you create something like this it's very satisfying. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant, the embossed is wonderful around the image.

    Hope all is going well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome CAS and OLC. The corner accents are awesome. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant! Love your whole design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.