Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Time's fun when you're having flies...

Don't you just love a fun find? Lately, I've been far more attracted to some of the older, retired stamps and stamp sets. Perhaps the hunt for ones I missed out the first time they were available is the appeal. In this case, I couldn't have been more excited to find this very old retired Stampin' Up set titled "Frogs and Flies."
Isn't she just the most lovely frog lady? hee hee! I am just tickled pink to have found this set and immediately applied ink to rubber and made several cards.
Typically, when I make cards, I stamp and color more than just one at a time. Invariably I'll mess one up or decide I don't like color choices. This time, though, I decided to make two cards the same. I know I'll use them. The only difference being I added the 'thank you' tag to the first and ribbon to the second.
The inside sentiment reads, "Time's fun when you're having flies...". It makes me giggle everytime!
The second main image stamp in the Frogs and Flies set is the handsome gentleman frog doing some fishing while sitting amongst the lily pads. It appears he's enjoying some "pickled flies" to snack on while he fishes. Do you think he bought the flies from the lady (above) selling them?
I stamped a second lily pad and popped it up for a little lily pad dimension and added the same sentiment, time's fun when you're having flies..., to the inside.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Stampin' Up! FROGS AND FLIES, "Thanks" sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Momento Bamboo Leaves, Stampin' Up! Chocolate, Images colored with Copic Markers
Designer Paper: Bo Bunny and K & Company
Accessories: Martha Stewart border punch, silver dragonfly brads, green crystals, pop dots foam dimensions, miscellaneous ribbon and button, Stampin' Up! bakers twin, Making Memories brass brads, machine stitching, Stickles glitter in Diamond, baby blue, baby blue and pink, and liquid pearls in pink.

This is a set I'm going to thoroughly enjoy using and I hope the cards will give the recipients a good chuckle too.

Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Both of these are so cute Jennifer. I like how you popped up the lily pad on the second one. They do make you giggle, yet so darn sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toad-ally cute! hahah! :)
    I have this set too, and use it for cards for my Mom... your projects turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a cute set. I love to see the older stamps used, and anything that makes me smile is great in my book. Your card designs are fabulous. In fact, all your work is pretty wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, great colors, papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really are so 'toadoally' cute~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.